Manga Review
Strobe Edge by Sakisaka Io

Hey guys! I've recently decided to go on with my reviews, so for today I'll be giving you my review of Sakisaka Io's "Strobe Edge" !

Manga Genre: Drama, Romance, Shoujo 



So now we begin with the manga review! 

I recently got the chance to read this story while I was scanning through my bookmarked pages. First of all I just wanted to say that this manga.... IS AMAZING. Before I begin my review, here is the summary provided in MangaReader.

"Ninako is a meek, gentle high school student. She has never been in love. Ninako asks Daiki, who has emotions towards her, about what being in love feels like. She thinks he is a good guy but…? One day, on the train home from school, she bumps into Ren, a popular guy at school. With just a short conversation and his smile, she experiences a new feeling. Just what is this feeling…!? Ninako’s first love is starting!"

Alright, I absolutely put my hands down for Sakisaka Io. Her works are just amazing!

What I found really appealing about this manga is because it depicts real life occurrences that happen in a day-to-day basis. So you can practically put yourself in the heroine's shoes since the story begins with her starting from ground zero.

Let's start with the good points,
First of all the story line alone is AMAZING. It's actually your typical shoujo story, but for some reason the manga has its own uniqueness when it's developing itself. There are a lot of twists and turns which I think made the manga more worthwhile, since in my part it gets pretty boring when you can guess what happens in  the end or rather you can guess what happens in the next chapter. But for this manga, it keeps you GUESSING. Like it really does, I haven't been so worked up over a shoujo manga before LOL. But it's a good kind of worked up. What really makes me stay at the edge of my seat is how she drastically develops the climax of the story, I mean... I BURST INTO TEARS DAMN IT (happy tears).  Now for the character development, I cannot begin to tell you how much I LOVE the heroine. Ninako is so adorably awesome! ♥ I really love how Io managed to develop her character throughout the story. I could also say the same to the rest of the characters! Art-wise super me gusta! I love Io's art style, it's super adorable and I L.O.V.E how she draws bishies!!!

For the bad points,
Well honestly in my opinion the only bad point here is when you get really pissed, frustrated or angry at some of the characters (especially for Ninako's possible pair). Trust me, I have never swore so much over a manga hahaha!


My overall thoughts

A HIGHLY RECOMMENDED MANGA
Definitely a MUST READ.

I think if you're into the same genre as me, this is definitely a manga for you! You will experience a LOT of emotions as you read this because I don't even want to begin on how I felt like I turned bipolar because of this manga haha! You will also see a whole new twist in what you thought was a "typical shoujo romance story" You will also come to love some characters and hate others as well, which in my opinion is a good thing since some character represent personalities that are found in real life people. You will cry out of frustration and happiness because of this manga. Well I can't say for sure yet, but it happened to me so.. hahaha! A wonderfully written and drawn manga, lovable (and hate-able) characters and an AMAZING STORY. Go on and read this masterpiece done by Sakisaka Io!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,