Vocaloid Tales

Bye Bye Lover
by Luka Megurine
Composed by: samfree


Welcome to one of the new categories in Kyohakuhime! I bet you're wondering what the "Vocaloid Tales" section is, it's a pretty much your guide to understanding the message in vocaloid songs! In this category, I will be sharing to you vocaloid songs and will be explaining them so that you may have a better understanding on what the message is. Let's face it, there are a lot of vocaloid songs that have a very deep story that sometimes the lyrics they sing aren't going to suffice haha! I hope this category will be helpful for all of you! ♥



Note: The song does not have an official PV video. Therefore no official art.

For this category, I decided to make my first entry a Luka Megurine song! (Go figure) also, I decided to feature one of the underground vocaloid songs that are in need of serious love because these songs don't get much views as they deserve! 


Well, before you read on the explanation; I believe you need to listen to the song first right? Pause for a while and take a listen to this wonderful song composed by the talented samfree! I highly recommend you to wear headphones/earphones and just close your eyes as you listen. It really helps you to get into the song and just to be able to appreciate it ♥



English Lyrics:
With my back to the brilliant city
I turned my cellphone off
I looked up to the sky and something touched my cheek
It was a lone petal

I went out to be merry until midnight
But I still can't forget your face
Just a while ago, we were together
Now you've become this far from me.

Bye bye lover
Thank you for giving me the feeling of being loved
Bye bye, but I still long for you
As expected, I miss you

I realized the reason why we got tired of each other
I put my hand in my pocket
It's not because we're merely children
Starting tomorrow, there are things I have to do

The world is this spacious
And after sometime we will forget
With simply just your absence,
I have become this weak

Bye bye lover
I'll never forget this feeling of being loved
Bye bye lover but these tears
Ah, as expected, I love you

Bye bye lover, (I) fell in love...
Thank you for your loving...

**Lyrics are from Mandy Matashi of YouTube



So? What did you think of the song? 

*A quick trivia! Bye Bye Lover is actually the first song samfree ever composed using Luka's voicebank! 

Well honestly I love this song. I adore the rhythm and especially the lyrics! It definitely compliments Luka's voice range and it definitely brings out her potential as a vocaloid! 

Where to begin? Of course, the main story! 
It's kind of obvious that Luka is the vocaloid that usually has songs that revolve around relationships and break-ups, which shows her hopeless romantic character (Technically she is a hopeless romantic). Bye Bye Lover is no different from Luka's most popular break-up song "Just Be Friends". The song centers around the theme of a relationship that has come and gone; with the girl finally saying goodbye and saying her thanks for the time they have spent together. But just like any regular relationship, the girl continues to express love  to the lover who she is no longer with. They grew tired of each other which lead the downfall of their relationship. But another reason was, they have realized that it wasn't the right time to continue on with their relationship. It's basically on the idea where you choose between your responsibility or your love life. The song is under the girl's perspective and starts with the setting where she has already broken up with her lover. 



Let's now discuss each stanza to get a better idea on how the flow of the story really goes!

With my back to the brilliant city
I turned my cellphone off
I looked up to the sky and something touched my cheek
It was a lone petal


•The first stanza is presenting the current state of the singer, she describes that she's standing somewhere with her back against the city buildings. She turned her cellphone off as she looked up to the sky; only to have a lone petal touch her cheek. This is the stage where she is reminiscing all the time she has spent together with the boy.

I went out to be merry until midnight
But I still can't forget your face
Just a while ago, we were together
Now you've become this far from me.

The singer is now presenting how she got to her current state. She shares that she went out to try to have a good time until midnight, but she couldn't forget the face of her lover whom she just broke up with not too long ago. She expresses how they were together, but are now far apart because of their break-up.


Bye bye lover
Thank you for giving me the feeling of being loved
Bye bye, but I still long for you
As expected, I miss you

•The singer is now expressing her thanks to the love and for the time she has spent together with her lover. But just as she expected, she still longs for him and continues to miss him.


I realized the reason why we got tired of each other
I put my hand in my pocket
It's not because we're merely children
Starting tomorrow, there are things I have to do

•This is where she tells the reason why they broke up and reveals that it was the time she chose responsibility over romance.

The world is this spacious
And after sometime we will forget
With simply just your absence,
I have become this weak

•She expresses that she hasn't completely gotten over the break-up. How she still yearns for her ex-lover's presence and that the world seems too empty without him.

Bye bye lover
I'll never forget this feeling of being loved
Bye bye lover but these tears
Ah, as expected, I love you

•The lyrics here reveal that the break-up the singer underwent was a break-up she didn't want to happen. Which tells us it was the boy who asked for the break-up and not the girl. She cannot forget about their love and even if their relationship is now over; she still loves him.

Bye bye lover, (I) fell in love...
Thank you for your loving...



•The ending of this sad story, she has accepted the break up and realized two things: She fell in love, and that even if their relationship was over; she was still thankful he returned her feelings when they were together.


This ends our discussion!
I hope this has served as a guide for you to understand this beautiful song composed by samfree! Others may have their own interpretation, but I did my best to generalize the theme. Thank you for reading! ♥

Labels: , , , , ,